Diaper Need Awareness Week
September 23 – 29, 2019
What is Diaper Need?
Diaper need is the lack of a sufficient supply of diapers to keep an infant or child clean, dry, and healthy. Babies without clean diapers are exposed to more potential health risks
Did you know…
- 1 in 3 American families reports experiencing diaper need.
- Over 98,000 children in Minnesota aged 3 or younger live in poor or low-income families.
- Infants require up to 12 diapers per day, toddlers about 8.
- Disposable diapers can cost $70 to $80 per month per baby.
- No state or federal child safety-net program allocates dollars specifically for the purchase of diapers.
- Most childcare centers, even free and subsidized facilities require parents to provide a day’s supply of disposable diapers
Ways you can help:
Be one of our generous donors to help us reach our $10,000 goal.For every $100 donated we are able to purchase up to $300 worth of diapers. Click here for more info.
2. Spread the word
Be a Media Maven: Use your social media platform to make a difference by helping to raise awareness and support our cause. Becoming a Media Maven is an easy but impactful way for anyone to get involved who has a social media account and is willing to share content that we provide to help generate conversation for the often overlooked issues of diaper need