The Diaper Bank of Minnesota is looking to grow our board of directors! Email [email protected] to let us know you’re interesting in joining the board.
The need: One in every three Minnesota families cannot afford enough diapers for their children ages three and under. This often leads to diaper rash and infections for little ones, and depression and anxiety for parents. Did you know?
- Parents cannot use WIC or food stamps to purchase diapers
- Most daycare centers require a week’s worth of disposable diapers in order to enroll, and families have to continue providing diapers each week
- More than 75,000 families in Minnesota need help providing diapers for their babies
The Diaper Bank of Minnesota is on a mission to change that. We want every baby in Minnesota to have a clean and healthy start.
The mission: The Diaper Bank of Minnesota is a 501(c)3 non-profit serving the Twin Cities metro area. We are focused on three strategic priorities:
- Providing diapers and wipes to families in need
- Creating awareness in our community about diaper need and its impact on families
- Advocating for changes that will better support babies and their families
The Diaper Bank has distributed more than two million diapers since 2010, but we are on a mission to dramatically increase the impact we have in our community. We have set ambitious goals to distribute one million diapers in 2022, and to be distributing five million diapers by 2027. And we need your help to make it happen.
Board of Directors Roles
We have recently grown our board, but we are still looking to fill two more roles. Can you see yourself in one of our open roles? Email [email protected] to let us know you’re interesting in joining the board.
The good we can do in our community is directly dependent on the funding we have available. We’re looking for a fearless fundraising chair who can help us diversify our fundraising strategy, engage with major donors, and ultimately fuel our ability to achieve our goal of distributing 1 million diapers this year. Specific duties for the fundraising chair include:
- In partnership with Board Chair and Executive Director, develop and lead a major donor strategy
- Identify low-hanging fruit to increase funds donated to Diaper Bank of Minnesota
- Provide feedback and input on grant submissions (although the Executive Director is currently responsible for preparing and submitting all grant applications)
- Partner with other board members as needed to ensure regular fundraising communications are sent to donors of all levels
- Write thank you notes for all donors
- Maintain donor database
- Other fundraising tasks as identified in partnership with Board Chair
Board Member Expectations:
The Diaper Bank of Minnesota cannot operate without a strong, committed Board of Directors. Each board member is asked to commit to the following:
- Serve on the board of directors for two years and support the recruitment of your successor upon your term completing
- Independently manage your time to deliver specific goals for your area of accountability as agreed to with the Board Chair
- Communicate pro-actively with other Diaper Bank team members, especially the Executive Director and Board Chair
- Attend and actively contribute during monthly board meetings on the first Thursday evening of each month (and communicate as soon as possible if you will need to miss a meeting)
- Volunteer at a Diaper Bank event once per quarter
- Donate or secure $1,000 in donations to the Diaper Bank each year
Email [email protected] to let us know you’re interested in joining the board.