The Diaper Bank of Minnesota is looking to grow our board of directors! Email email@example.com to let us know you’re interesting in joining the board.
The need: One in every three Minnesota families cannot afford enough diapers for their children ages three and under. This often leads to diaper rash and infections for little ones, and depression and anxiety for parents. Did you know?
- Parents cannot use WIC or food stamps to purchase diapers
- Most daycare centers require a week’s worth of disposable diapers in order to enroll, and families have to continue providing diapers each week
- More than 75,000 families in Minnesota need help providing diapers for their babies
The Diaper Bank of Minnesota is on a mission to change that. We want every baby in Minnesota to have a clean and healthy start.
The mission: The Diaper Bank of Minnesota is a 501(c)3 non-profit serving the Twin Cities metro area. We are focused on three strategic priorities:
- Providing diapers and wipes to families in need
- Creating awareness in our community about diaper need and its impact on families
- Advocating for changes that will better support babies and their families
The Diaper Bank has distributed more than two million diapers since 2010, but we are on a mission to dramatically increase the impact we have in our community. We have set ambitious goals to distribute one million diapers in 2022, and to be distributing five million diapers by 2027. And we need your help to make it happen.
Board of Directors Roles
Can you see yourself in one of our open roles? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’re interesting in joining the board.
Chair, Board of Directors (Christi Krautbauer)
Support Executive Director with all aspects of Diaper Bank operations, and coordinate across all board roles to ensure the Diaper Bank can accomplish our mission.
Communications Chair (open)
Do you love making an impact through the written word? This role is perfect for you! Our Communications Chair is responsible for telling the Diaper Bank story through our quarterly newsletter, monthly blog posts, and website content.
Advocacy Chair (open)
Changing public policy is our best hope of dramatically increasing the number of families who have access to the diapers their babies need. We are looking for a passionate advocate to lead our public policy efforts, partnering with legislators and other advocacy organizations to make diaper need a priority at the state and local level.
Fundraising Chair (open)
The good we can do in our community is directly dependent on the funding we have available. We’re looking for a fearless fundraising chair who can help us diversify our fundraising strategy, engage with major donors, and ultimately fuel our ability to achieve our goal of distributing 1 million diapers next year.
Media Relations Chair (open)
When people hear about diaper need, they want to help. We need someone who is passionate about spreading the word to lead our media relations. The Media Relations Chair is responsible for nurturing relationships with local media, including newspapers, TV and radio stations.
Volunteer Chair (Kristin Printon)
The Diaper Bank is lucky to have a lot of volunteers who want to help! But we need someone to support our volunteers through scheduling and pro-active communication. The Volunteer Chair works with the Executive Director and Board Chair to identify volunteer opportunities, fill all volunteer spots, and appreciate our volunteers regularly throughout the year.
Sports Partnerships Chair (Brad Severson)
Minnesota sports fans are some of the most generous people out there. Our Sports Partnerships Chair will build and execute a strategy for working with sports teams to host diaper drives and awareness campaigns. This work includes direct outreach to teams, coordinating events, and lining up volunteers to accept and organize donated diapers.
Treasurer (Bob Collett)
Our volunteer Treasurer is a voting member of the board of directors and is responsible for bookkeeping and managing the diaper bank budget. The Treasurer works closely with the Executive Director and Board Chair.
Junior Board Member Roles
Does anything look better on a resume than non-profit leadership experience? These directorships were created specifically with college students, graduate students, and recent grads in mind. Come help us, and at the same time develop skills and experiences that will propel your career. We are looking to fill two junior board member roles at this time.
Social Media Director (open)
We believe that social media can be a force for good. We need a social-media savvy team member to develop the Diaper Bank’s social media strategy and maintain our presence across all social platforms. This person will work closely with other board members to make sure that we are sharing important news, events and opportunities on social media.
Diaper Distribution Director (open)
Each month we organize an event at which volunteers help us accomplish two critical tasks: getting diapers ready for partner organizations to pick up, and counting/sorting/repackaging all of the diapers that have been donated throughout the month. We are looking for an energetic leader who can direct volunteers at this monthly event. Training will be provided!
Board Member Expectations:
The Diaper Bank of Minnesota cannot operate without a strong, committed Board of Directors. Each board member is asked to commit to the following:
- Serve on the board of directors for two years and support the recruitment of your successor upon your term completing
- Independently manage your time to deliver specific goals for your area of accountability as agreed to with the Board Chair
- Communicate pro-actively with other Diaper Bank team members, especially the Executive Director and Board Chair
- Attend and actively contribute during monthly board meetings on the first Thursday evening of each month (and communicate as soon as possible if you will need to miss a meeting)
- Volunteer at a Diaper Bank event once per quarter
- Donate or secure $1,000 in donations to the Diaper Bank each year
Junior Board Member Expectations:
Junior Board members are a critical part of our team! We are looking for volunteers who can commit to the following:
- Serve on the board for a one-year term, and support recruitment of your successor if possible
- Be reliable in meeting your commitments and accomplishing the goals for your role on the board
- Attend monthly board meetings on the first Thursday evening of each month, and offer your ideas and energy
- Share your experience on the Board with others, encouraging your peers to volunteer with the Diaper Bank and consider junior board membership
Email email@example.com to let us know you’re interesting in joining the board.