Help Diaper Bank of Minnesota recognize Diaper Need Awareness Week, Sept 18 – 24!
Did you know?
- The National Diaper Bank Network Diaper Check 2023 survey found that 1 in 2 U.S. families with young children experience diaper need – a dramatic increase from the 1 in 3 figure from last year.
- 35% of caregivers reported cutting back on food and 28% reported skipping meals to afford diapers for their children.
- Diapers aren’t covered under any government aid or financial assistance programs, leaving families with few options.
- Daycares often can’t accept babies without a day’s supply of diapers, meaning diaper need can prevent parents from going to work.
Again this year, there are several ways to help families through donation or getting involved:
- Donate diapers (we accept open packages!) to our Diaper Drive via our new location at 2327 Wycliff St in St Paul, #310 during one of the following drop-off times:
- Fri 9/22: 3 pm – 6 pm
- Sat 9/23: 9 am – 12 pm
- Mon 9/25: 4pm – 6 pm
- Donate digitally to our Diaper Drive via our Target Wish List
- Donate $$ to help us reach our goal of $2,500 during Awareness Week at mightycause.com/story/MNdnaw23 (As a non-profit we’re able to purchase diapers at about 30% less than retail, meaning we get more diapers for each dollar spent)
- Volunteer to count and sort diapers for distribution
- (If you need diapers, find our list of distribution partners here )